"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 6: Segovia, Part Deux


Legs felt pretty good this morning. I hobbled around a bit for first the few steps but then loosened right up. I'm sure I could have walked 20kms today, but 20 'miles' again would have been too much, too soon. Normally I'd have walked >10 days before tackling a 32km-er, so 2 in a row seemed like a recipe for disaster. So, I'm taking a 2nd rest day in Segovia as preventative medicine. It's a great town, with lots to do and I've lots of time! Seeing the aqueduct was a highlight as it was on my Bucket List!



Market day in Plaza Mayor in front of cathedral. I bought a croissant and am having great fun people-watching. Fruit, veg, shoes, clothes, anything really is on offer. Whereas we might go to Home Depot for our plants, the locals come to the market. Every veg stall is selling tiny lettuces, tomatoes, peppers, et al. Isn't that bad for future business? The cafe managers wait impatiently for it to be over so they can set up their tables & chairs and open for business.


<>
Camino marker in Segovia

Pilgrim Notes: if I had known then...I wouldn't have stayed in Cercedilla on Day 3 at all, but would have taken the train to Segovia for the night. I'd have train-ed it back the next day to walk over Fuenfria, THEN I'd have taken my one rest day.

2 comments:

  1. SO happy to have found your iPhone post on the Camino forum. My 14 year old daughter and i are starting our Camino in June. She just started a blog here on blogspot, and we were wondering how she'd routinely post and upload photos along the way. We both have iphones and I was feeling down about having to turn off the data roaming to rely on periodic wifi. SHe'll be glad to see that you are managing it well:) Her blog is gabyscamino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your blog faithfully. I am living the Camino vicariously through you for now.

    ReplyDelete