"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 11: Playing Tourist




I'm Valladolid now, wandering around doing the tourist bit.  This morning I
walked with Estefan & Michael as far as Simancas (6kms),
then took a local bus to the 'big' city.  It's lovely; full of 19th C. neo-classical architecture and mostly 16th C. churches and former palaces.  It's quite fashionable - I feel a bit like a fish-out-of-water, walking around in my hiking clothes.  It's also a bit of a culture shock, coming from being out in the country and staying in tiny pueblos.  But this is one of my 'must do while I'm here' things so I will see all I can fit in in one day.















It´ll be nice to be in a hotel again.  Not that it´s very luxurious but I do enjoy the peace & quiet and a fluffy towel!

smallest elevator ever! (and a horrible pic of me!)
Oh, for those who want to contact me, I believe you can add comments on the blog
page probably down there at the bottom somewhere and that gets forwarded to me
in an email; or just email me directly. 


PN: the bus stop to Valladolid is right at the bridge that crosses over into
Simancas.  Take Bus #5 to last stop, near Plaza Zorrilla, about 30 mins.
€1.10.  The albergue at Puente Duero has Valladolid maps as well as a wealth of
other pilgrim info.

It is possible to walk to Valladolid from PD, there's a brochure in the
albergue's lounge.  11kms.  You can also take the bus from there, but I think it
doesn't leave till noon.

Thanks, Allison
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment