"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Friday, July 10, 2015

Day 20: Last Day

My last full day in the Faroes, and last full day of holiday before the 2-day trip home starting tomorrow. Today was also cold and drizzly so I made a short day of touring, even though I drove out to the furthest town possible. Viðareiði is purported to be the prettiest village in the Faroes but I didn't necessarily agree. I took a few snaps through the windshield and turned around and went back home to read the afternoon away with a cup of hot tea - it's the coldest summer anyone here can remember...


Old house foundations from....? Vikings?
There's a 6.5 km subsea tunnel that links the islands of Eysturoy and Bordoy - local artist designed these funky lights. Is it weird that even 152 meters under the sea there's still radio reception? And that I freak out just a little when water drips on the car? :-)

The afternoon turned out to be more pleasant so I went for a long walk, I had no destination in mind but ended up passing the culture center, and walked into Torshavn via a lovely little park.
Called the Nordic House - it's part museum, cafe, concert hall, & exhibition space. Cool architecture.
Art and sculpture found in lots of places


That's it! Till the next adventure - the European Peace Walk, August 5th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment