"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day 18: Faroes: Fjords, Fishing, and (water)Falls

My trip to the Faroes is all about viewing - just driving around and seeing all I can. I don't have any big adventures planned here, and based on the mercurial weather I've seen so far - cold, drizzly, with spots of sun, I think I'll be inside behind the wheel most of the time.

Fishing is the dominant industry- with freshly flushed fjords running between all the islands, fish farms proliferate 
Rain fed waterfalls are everywhere 
Turf-roofed buildings also proliferate - churches, homes, even doghouses!


The only octagonal church in the Faroes






Torshavn, the capital. Hundreds of homes but tiny tourist area


Whale jaw-bones, I assume 






No comments:

Post a Comment