"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 15: to Aldeanueva del Camino, 40 kms

Oh, I had such great notes early this morning on how lovely the walk was, and it truly was - lichen covered cork trees, bunches of yellow broom, gorgeous sun rise, etc.  Then I kept walking, and walking, and walking and my thoughts became less and less esoteric and more egocentric (my feet hurt, is that a blister?, how much further?!!).

Today was a long day.  On purpose, as I wanted to walk 3 stages in 2 days to #1. do it, and #2. get ahead of the crowds, but then you pay for it at the end of the day.  But it's nothing too serious, nothing a big meal with lots of vino tinto and a good night's sleep won't cure.

The pic was taken 1/2 way, when I was still smiling, at Arco de Caparra, a archeological site of roman ruins.

Thanks, Allison
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment