"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Europe - Spring 2017!!!


Yippee! I'm on the road again, this time back to Europe for 6 weeks. My original plan when booking such a long trip was to walk two more medium-length Caminos, one in Portugal and one in Spain but just last week I finally admitted that wasn't going to be possible (dodgy ankle) so I panicked for 48 hours until I came up with a new itinerary. The question was: with tickets booked into Porto, Portugal, where could I go that I haven't been before? Well, how about the Madeira Islands?! I've heard about them, I've actually seen them from offshore, but I've never been on them and certainly not explored them so I figured 6 days should do it. My first destination was in place!

I flew out of L.A. April 26th, transferred in Madrid, overnighted in Porto on April 27th, and flew to Funchal yesterday, April 28th. More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment