"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Post Ship Day 2: Return



An extremely quiet day for me. Not feeling yet 100% recovered from my cold and a bit stiff from all my walking in Colonia yesterday I did very little today. The four of us explored the Recoleta Cemetery in the morning, then Sheila, Gail, and Annie had lunch with an old work colleague of Sheila’s husband and his family, while I lounged in my hotel room editing blog posts and watching Hollywood movies dubbed into Spanish. At 4:30pm our pre booked shuttle arrived to whisk us to the airport (thankfully the traffic snarls of yesterday were but a memory) where we had time for a nice dinner before our 9:20pm flight back to the States. We even bumped into Anna, one of our fellow Vavilov passengers, in the boarding area!

So that’s the end of my latest adventure: the South Atlantic and the Antarctic Peninsula! And I’ve got the magnets to prove it!!



One last picture.…


Okay, 2 more (thanks, Gail!)…

No comments:

Post a Comment