"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Class Is Dismissed!


My four weeks of Spanish language studies are over! Here's another picture of my fellow students along with our long-suffering morning professor, Pablo.  I've definitely learned a lot in the last month but still have a lot of vocabulary and tenses to learn before I can actually carry on a conversation but I've enjoyed it and it was good to stretch those old brain cells a bit.  I coincidentally booked my departure for the afternoon of the final exam so I had the pleasure of cramming for 3 days and taking a 2-hour test...it's been decades since I've had to do that!  I've no idea how I did, as I'm missing Friday's class, I'm hoping Pablo will email me my grade!


The school offered activities every afternoon: paella-making lessons, a trip to an modern art museum, an interchange with English/Spanish students, etc. I ended up studying most afternoons but one activity I really enjoyed was a bike tour along Salamanca's river.


I'm not sure why this elephant is doing a headstand but I walk by it every day on the way to and from school and it never fails to make me smile.


The morning of my final exam I walked by this statue, the Struggling Student and Patient Teacher? I know how the poor guy feels....


Salamanca is full of students and tapas bars. This vegetarian cafe became a favorite of mine and my classmates. Cheap, excellent food, and lots of veggies which often seems hard to find in Spanish restaurants, unless you consider french fries a vegetable...but just at these tapas offerings!


Just a certificate of attendance, not a diploma but I know I'm ready to tackle Level A2 and the Past Tense now!!



Good-bye Salamanca! I'm on the express bus to Madrid where I'll spend the night before flying out to Tenerife tomorrow. The Canary Islands belong to Spain so hopefully I'll be able to practice my new language skills a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment