"Wanderlust"

(wŏn'dər-lŭst') def: a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world (Oxford Dictionary)

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Finally a Trip!

November 17, 2016  (reposted from: allisonwanderssome.wordpress.com)

After a very long year of a not-quite-yet recovery from an ankle injury I'm finally on a trip!  I'm terribly excited as I usually travel in the summer to avoid the furnace-like heat of the Desert but this year I was firmly glued to my couch, foot in the air, enviously following my friends' adventures while hoping some day to venture forth again myself.

That day has come and what an adventure it will be! Gail, myself, Annie and Sheila are on our way to Antarctica, traveling by expedition ship to the wild reaches of the Southern Ocean to land finally on the Seventh Continent. The windiest, coldest, driest continent of them all. Sounds great, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment